raumus is a coined word from the German words Raum (space) and Muster (design).
The design firm is organized by Takeda, who worked for design firms in Japan, Germany, and Switzerland before setting up his own firm.
Based in Fukuoka, We design various aspects of space, from finding land and property to planning, design, furniture production, and the process of creating space, and proposes free, new, and future forms of space.
- Planning, design and construction supervision of buildings and interiors.
- Planning, design and construction supervision of second-hand property renovations.
- Furniture, product and graphic design
- Research, appraisal and consultation on the utilisation of underutilised real estate (land and buildings).
- Other work incidental to the above.
Reg. Architect in Japan / with Chamber of Architects NRW, Germany
Masashi Takeda studied architecture at Setsunan University and Tokyo Institute of Technology. After studying at the University, He worked at Atelier & I. Kazunari Sakamoto Laboratory in Tokyo, Japan until 2014.
He then moved to Europe, working for Heide & von Beckarath (Berlin) and Ingenhoven Architects (Düsseldorf) in Germany and Schneider & Schneider (Aarau) in Switzerland.
After returning to Japan in 2019, he started working in Fukuoka and founded raumus.
Architect in Japan / with Chamber of Architects
2019 – Aso Architecture and Design, Part-time lecturer
2022 – Kyushu Sangyo University, Part-time lecturer